- Performance improvements for the Dashboard, Write Post, and Edit Comments pages.
- Better performance for those who have many categories
- Media Uploader fixes
- An upgrade to TinyMCE 3.0.7
- Widget Administration fixes
- Various usability improvements
- Layout fixes for IE
I doubt I’ll be upgrading because I hear some users are having trouble receiving their password emails (e.g. when it’s recovered), so I figure it won’t be too long until 2.5.2 will come along. I’ll upgrade then.
Besides, I already have a lengthy “to do” list for each of my sites as it is … don’t these WordPress people know I’m busy?!!?
Seriously though one thing about this release did pique my interest: I was reading about the addition of
SECRET_KEY to the wp-config file (edit: this was added in 2.5). From what I understand, it helps secure your WordPress cookies — nice.
More security is always a good thing, right? Like Fenphedra to a speed freak, heh!
And speaking of WordPress…
I’m definitely looking forward to that. Mark your calendars, people!